Thursday, September 19, 2013

Modern Medley and Flower Shop Anniversary

It's Thursday so that means another challenge from Create with Connie and Mary!  This week it is a sketch challenge, and indeed it is a little outside my norm.  But that's what challenges are for so I went for it!  Here's my card:


This is a new shape for me!  However, the outside dimensions are still the standard 5-1/2" x 4-1/4" card so it will fit an A2 envelope.  For the card and the layer that has been dry embossed with the Stripes TIEF and Big Shot, I used Very Vanilla cut 11" x 3-5/8", folded in half at the top.


For the focal top layer I cut Basic Black cardstock at 4-1/4" x 3-3/8" and a layer of Modern Medley Designer Paper at 4-1/16" (yes, 16; I wanted a narrow band of black to show, lol!) x 3".  I rounded all my corners with the corner rounder portion of the new Envelope Punch Board because it gives a larger rounding than the Corner Rounder punch we carry.


Next the fun part!  I added two strips of Modern Medley prints, cut a banner end and the inverse on them, and added that scrumptious Strawberry Slush Ruffled Trim underneath the lower banner.   The flower was stamped with Strawberry Slush ink onto Strawberry Slush cardstock three times then punched them out with the coordinating Pansy Punch.  I finger-shaped then layered them before adding a small Simply Pressed Clay flower for the center.  I ran my Two-Way Glue Pen around on the flower then sprinkled on a bit of Dazzling Diamonds for some shimmer.

Here is the CCMC269 sketch:

Stamps:  Flower Shop, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Ink:  Strawberry Slush
Paper:  Modern Medley Designer Paper; Very Vanilla, Basic Black, Strawberry Slush
Accessories:  Strawberry Slush Ruffle Trim, Dazzling Diamonds, Simply Pressed Clay and Flowers Clay Mold
Tools:  Big Shot, Stripes TIEF (embossing folder), Word Window Punch, Pansy Punch, Envelope Punch Board (corner rounder), Dimensionals, Two Way Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Snail.

Isn't this an interesting sketch?  I really like the way my card turned out and this will be a fun sketch to use again too!  Now be sure to check out the creations of the other CCMC Challenge Team members... they are such talented ladies!

Now how about YOU making a card using this unique sketch?!  Check out the challenge guidelines at Create with Connie and Mary before you begin and then when you finish, upload your artwork to their site!  I gave you my dimensions so that's a good starting place and from there just create, create, create!!  Easy peasy!


Thanks for visiting today! 

Margaret

6 comments:

Deb said...

I just love the vanilla and black with a splash of color! So classic and beautiful!

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I really love the color combo you used Margaret, such a pretty flower!

Lisa Martz said...

Love the way you have combined the papers from the Modern Medley together. Love black/vanilla with that pop of color! And it reminds me I need to get my clay out and make those flowers/buttons!

Hetty said...

Lovely card,margaret. I always like black and white with a touch of one other color.

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a gorgeous and elegant card!! I love the flower and the colors you used!

Jennifer Blomquist said...

This is a beautiful card. Thank you so much for sharing it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...