Thursday, May 29, 2014

By The Seashore and a Sketch

This week we have a wonderful sketch challenge from Create with Connie and Mary.   I just had to use a few of my pre-ordered goodies from the new Stampin' Up! Catalog for the sketch, plus a favorite current set, By the Seashore.

 Isn't this new Lost Lagoon (the deeper aqua green) pretty!  It works perfectly with SU's Soft Sky color and the Hello Honey is very complimentary!
The papers in the background are from the new Moonlight DSP Stack.  The large dotted design also has Basic Gray in it, and that's what color the stamping is done in also.
I stamped the sand dollar and starfish onto Soft Sky cardstock then added some Lost Lagoon color with a Blender Pen.  I lightly used the White Chalk Marker to give some highlights and adhered them with Dimensionals.  I thought Pearls would look just right for this sea-themed card too!

Stamps:  By the Seashore, From My Heart (sentiment)
Inks:  Basic Gray, Lost Lagoon, White Chalk Marker
Paper:  Moonlight DSP; Soft Sky, Lost Lagoon and Hello Honey cardstock
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Big Shot, Dots Embossing Folder, Basic Pearls

Here is the great sketch we have this week: 
Be sure to check out the cards by the other members of the Challenge Design Team then we hope you will take the challenge yourself to make a card using this sketch!  All the guidelines are on the same post as the Design Team's cards here:  Create with Connie and Mary.

Be sure to post your creation somewhere online then upload it to the CWCM website link!  We'd love to see what you do with it!


Thanks for visiting today!!  Stamp on!

Margaret

11 comments:

Add Ink and Stamp said...

Margaret, your card is beautiful. I love anything to do with the ocean/beach! Love how you incorporated the paper and I never thought of it but yes, pearls are a perfect embellishment for a sea theme.

Deb said...

What a beautiful beach card! Love these colors together!! And your coloring of the shells is gorgeous!

Connie Babbert said...

LOVE your sea theme card!!! Really makes me want that set now...goes with the DSP and colors beautifully! Great job with the sketch challenge this week!

Nicole Tugrul said...

What a beautiful card!! Lost Lagoon is just perfect for a beach card. Awesome job with the sketch, you really nailed it!

Claire Broadwater said...

Margaret, I love your card! Lost Lagoon is on my list of new favorites. It is perfect for a beach card! Makes me long for a few days in the sand! XX

Debbie Henderson Debbie's Designs said...

I love this card Margaret. Right up my alley in Maine! The colors look wonderful together!

Wendie Waldman said...

Beautiful use of this great new DSP and colors.

Laura said...

Your sea themed card is just beautiful!!! Great colors too!
Dreamin' of Hawaii!!! {smile}

Melissa Davies said...

The sand dollar and starfish are so realistic - love what you did with the chalk marker!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

I love how you used the beach theme and shell stamps with these colours - just gorgeous Margaret.

Lisa Martz said...

Please accept my apologies for being a week late!

I love these colors for a beach themed card! They look fabulous! I really love the way you highlighted the starfish and sand dollar with the blender pen and chalk marker! Very cool! And the pearls...well, they are perfect!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...