Thursday, May 14, 2015

Lovely Amazing Gold Soiree!

Hello!  Today is the day for our weekly Create with Connie and Mary challenge, and this time it is a great sketch!  I love that it is perfect for using up some of that wonderful Designer Series Paper (even scraps!) which I have on hand and wish to use up!  (perhaps you too?)


I cut 1" x 1.25" rectangles from four different patterns of designer paper for the left side and a 4" x 3/8" strip of another pattern for the vertical element.  The background card base is Pistachio Pudding.


I stamped a 4" x 3-15/16" (to be exact) panel of Crisp Cantaloupe with the same color ink and the dots stamp which mirrors the dotted paper on the left side.

 

The sentiment was stamped with Calypso Coral and punched out then layered over a Garden Green Blossom Punch piece.   I then added a tie of Pistachio Pudding Baker's Twine before adhering the sentiment feature with Dimensionals.

Stamps:  Lovely Amazing You photopolymer (sentiment), Dotty Angles (dots)
Inks:  Crisp Cantaloupe, Calypso Coral
Paper:  Gold Soiree Specialty Designer Series Paper; Whisper White, Garden Green, Crisp Cantaloupe cardstock
Accessories/Tools:  Blossom Punch (retiring), 1-3/4" Circle Punch, SU Paper Trimmer, Pistachio Pudding Baker's Twine. 

Here is the sketch we have this week from Create with Connie and Mary!  Isn't this cool?


We would love to see what you do with this sketch challenge also!  The guidelines are on the Create with Connie and Mary website; we can't wait to see what you create with this sketch!

Thanks for visiting today!  I wish you a happy day and happy stamping!

Margaret   

10 comments:

Jenny Engelke said...

Your card turned out so pretty, Margaret! You are so right about the scraps....I think this is a sketch that I'll use again and again just to get rid of scaps!

Add Ink and Stamp said...

What a fun combination of shapes and patterns, Margaret! I think it's great how you added the twine across the front - it adds so much!

Jenny Engelke said...

I love the touches of gold in the DSP and the mix of greens and peaches is so pretty!!!!

barb hendrickson said...

Very pretty, Margaret! I've had a hard time this year with this paper and color combo, but you really made it work with this sketch. Thanks for sharing!

Chris Slogar said...

What a great use of Crisp Cantaloupe - that is a color I struggle with, and you have used it beautifully here! This is all-around lovely - the colors and papers, the flower, and the sentiment!

AB. said...

Such a lovely card...I've hardly used this paper as it seems to pretty for me to cut. You have inspired me to make something from it. I too like how you've incorporated some bold greens into your card.:)

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

What a pretty card Margaret! I love the 'confetti' stamping on the right hand panel and the use of the blossom punch to layer your sentiment - very clever!

Lisa Martz said...

Very cute! Love the card and DSP!

Connie Babbert said...

So pretty and love using up those scraps of DSP! Cute touches with the confetti stamp and flower punch behind the greeting! Great job with the sketch!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card. I love this color combo. I'm really sad to see Crisp Cantaloupe leaving!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...