Thursday, August 6, 2015

Bowl of Cherries

Thursday has rolled around again like clockwork!!  Where did the week go?... and the summer?  Wow, schools are starting around here!!  And it's time for a new challenge from Create with Connie and Mary; this week's challenge is a fun sketch!

I chose the bowl of cherries from the Giggle Greetings for the main image, stamping it in Memento Black then coloring it in with Blender Pens and ink.  I added Crystal Effects to the cherries which really makes them reflect light and catch your eye.  The green background was run through the Big Shot with the Elegant Dots Embossing Folder and layered onto Watermelon Wonder then accented with three White Perfect Accents.



Guess what I found in the new Cherry on Top Designer Paper Stack?!  Cherry paper of course!!  It is just perfect with this bowl of cherries;  I was so excited with my little "discovery" I couldn't wait to put them together!  : )  Linen Thread loops were added behind the cherry bowl image before it was added with Dimensionsls.  That's it!  Pretty simple!


Stamps:  Giggle Greetings
Inks:  Watermelon Wonder, Sahara Sand, Mint Macaron; Crushed Curry and Cucumber Crush Stampin' Write Markers
Paper:  Cherry on Top DSP Stack; Watermelon Wonder, Cucumber Crush, Whisper White
Accessories:  Blender Pen, Linen Thread, Big Shot, Elegant Dots Embossing Folder, White Perfect Accents, Circle Framelits, Crystal Effects.

Here's the sketch from Create with Connie and Mary this week:

Very interesting, hmm?  We can't wait to see what you do with it... it's really easy, just think washi tape, ribbon or DSP strips for the diagonal stripes; you may have an even better idea!  There's lots of inspiration over on the Create with Connie and Mary website as well as the guidelines for joining the challenge!


Thanks for dropping by today!  Here's to you and happy stamping for the weekend!

Margaret 

8 comments:

AB. said...

What a perfect match that stamp and the DSP make! Really clever to pick those out. :) Beautiful colouring and a beautiful card!

Anonymous said...

I love those life like cherries! This is such a cute summery card! And leave it to you to find the absolute perfect DSP to accompany it! ;)

Chris Slogar said...

It seems so obvious now that I have seen your card...the Cherry on Top paper is the perfect complement to that image! I love how summery this is, too!

Lisa Martz said...

I have this stamp set and can honestly say...a little embarrassed...I have never put ink on it! BUT, I do love what you have done here! This is so cute paired with the cherries paper! I'm going to get that set out and make a copy of this card I love it so much! Thanks for the inspiration!

Jenny Engelke said...

Ooooh, I love the shiny cherries! It puts this card right over the top!!!! I adore your color combo too!

Andrea W said...

Delightful card! The embossed Cucumber Crush panel is very eye catching and I really love how you added the linen thread behind your image.

Connie Babbert said...

Every time I see you do a card with this stamp set, I think I need to get mine out and use it! LOVE the details of the cherry DSP behind the bowl! Great job with the sketch challenge!

Joanne James - The Crafty Owl said...

Great stamp and paper combo Margaret - the shiny cherries really are the cherry on top for this card though, they look good enough to eat!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...